Tuesday, November 10, 2009

your problems may not be that big

So... while I travel along my selfish path, I become convinced that I am the center of my world.

and that everyone else is somehow orbiting me, the center... the sun.

Before long, I am certain that anyone who is not completely in tune with my vibe and in agreement with my idea is my enemy... or at the very least, ignorant and unenlightened.

how can I be so self-absorbed?

If I will look up from my arrogance for a second, it may be that I discover that people have their own lives. and their own tragedies... and their own stuff do deal with.

is it possible that when someone walks past me without saying hello, they are not being hateful, they are just burdened with their own set of circumstances?

is it possible that my ideas are not the only ideas worth considering?

Could it be that the reason some folks don't place the same importance on my important junk is that they have more important important junk of their own?

Maybe they have more on their plate than me. and maybe my important stuff just isn't.

yep, i'm pretty sure of it.

may God bless us as we elevate others above ourselves and listen... for the chance to help.


Blessings!

No comments: