Friday, July 17, 2009

night sounds and wind machines

A friend recently commented about how the rain woke them up one night.... so I mentioned they might benefit from a wind machine...

to which he responded that they just used a fan and weren't as fancy as me...

...interestingly enough, that's where my sound addiction started...

as a small child, my mum would set up a small box fan in the hallway.... we lived by the highway under the viaduct, you see...

and over the years, I graduated from a small fan to the harder stuff... you know, high speed oscillators. then after Kelly and I were married, she said we had to do something different... she was not letting me bring my industrial 6 foot, 220v floor fan into the house.

so the compromise was the wind machine from Sears and Roebuck.

fancy you say? maybe. expedient I say. and a marriage saver.... we now have one in each bedroom, and even have a travel version for hotel rooms!

so make fun at your own peril, fanners of the world!

Windmachiners unite!

No comments: