Wednesday, April 16, 2008

If it’s Wednesday, it must be Phoenix

Wow, what a week! I left home Friday after lunch, sang Friday night in Fayetteville, Arkansas and Saturday night in Bristow, Oklahoma, then worshipped with New Beginnings Church on Sunday… then I flew out of Tulsa Sunday afternoon to Portland, Oregon for an appointment the next morning followed by a meeting with a client that afternoon…

I flew out of Portland Monday night (after stopping to see my Aunt Joanne first) for Ontario, California, where I met up with my friend and brother and colleague Dan… and we found the hotel and fell into bed to rest up for our Tuesday meetings…

Tuesday we drove to Hacienda LaPuente, California to visit with our good friend and client there at the district; they helped us solve a couple issues in our online solution… then we flew out of Ontario last night and landed in Phoenix, Arizona for our users conference today…

Whew!

My watch reads two hours earlier than my wife’s, and I am ready for those timepieces to agree again!

As I write this, I am cruising at about 550 knots, 36,000 feet above some very arid-looking terrain on the way to San Jose (isn’t that a Dionne Warwick song?), where Dan and I will get a hotel and rest in preparation for our meeting tomorrow in Monterey, California…

God willing, after tomorrow’s presentation I will sleep in San Jose, then rise early Friday morning and catch a flight back to God’s country (aka Mountain Home, Arkansas)…

I miss my family and my home, and I cannot wait to get back there… ‘cause that’s where I belong – home.

Which reminds me… I have enjoyed my trip… I have been made richer by the places I have been (and especially by the people I have met) this week…. But I would never confuse these places with my ‘home’…

So why do I (we) have such a problem confusing this temporary place (earth) and our temporary shell (our body) with HOME?

We are travelers in a foreign land, just like I have been a traveler in a foreign land this week… and I (we) should always try to remember that…

And look forward to the day when we go…

HOME.

No comments: