Monday, April 21, 2008

there's no place like home

so it was a whirlwind trip from Fayetteville to Tulsa to Portland to L.A. to Phoenix to Monterey to San Jose back to Little Rock and Mtn Home...

and I just want to say: there's no place like home (picture me closing my eyes and clicking my heels together - not!).

The west coast is the quintessential definition of the old saw: 'it's a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.'

You cannot see the things I saw and harbor any doubt about the existence of God. From the beautiful vistas from the Pacific Coast Highway between L.A. and San Francisco to the unfathomable beauty of the desert southwest to the grandeur of the Grand Canyon (as seen from 36,000 feet...) to view these, then deny that there is intelligent design is simply not being honest.

But by far the most beautiful sight I saw during the whole trip was my beautiful wife's smile upon my return.

Home.

No comments: