Saturday, October 31, 2009

when things go wrong

I really like it when things go just like I planned.

and I really do not like it when they don't.

I mean, I reeeeeaaaallly don't like it.

but, from all I can read... in history, in the Bible, even in novels... and from all I know from 47 years of living...

it is clear that we simply don't grow without challenges.... we just can't learn unless we encounter hardship... and we absolutely won't deepen our faith in the absence of conflict.

When James exhorts us to 'count it pure joy when we face all kinds of trials', what do we think that entails?

I guess I always sorta hope it doesn't apply to me, or that I am immune somehow to the immutable rules of natural growth and education...

The only thing I know is this: God has brought me and my family through some difficult times. and He will again....

and my faith will grow and I will be a stronger witness for His Glory.

but, dang, it is really hard for me to embrace the concept...

you?

blessings!

No comments: