Thursday, July 12, 2007

Love 'em like Jesus

Mark Hall of the Casting Crowns has written a bunch of great songs... My family and I were blessed to see him and his group minister to about 20,000 people last fall at Alltel Arena in Little Rock.

While I love all their material, two songs stick with me... the words to these songs haunt me almost everyday.

I read somewhere the other day of a preacher who shared with his friend his frustration that God would allow war and poverty and hunger and genocide... "I wonder why God would continue to allow all these bad things to happen?" His friend suggested he ask Him. The preacher responded, "I'm afraid He will ask me the same question."

Make no mistake, God will work His will and His way in His time... but He expects His people to be his hands and feet and voice...

That reminded me of these words from a Mark Hall song:

But if we are the Body - Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing? Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the Body - Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way

It also made me think of the words from the chorus of "love 'em like Jesus":

Just love 'em like Jesus, carry them to Him
His yoke is easy, His burden is light
You don’t need the answers to all of life’s questions
Just know that He loves them and stay by their side
Love 'em like Jesus

May God Bless us today as we love 'em like Jesus.

No comments: