Saturday, June 20, 2009

buddhism (cont)

so in his quest for... I dunno.... something....

my friend is studying Buddhism.

I applaud anyone for learning about other belief systems. It should serve as a confirmation of your own beliefs... it may serve to challenge us and stretch us...

I would hope, though, that it would not shake your spiritual foundations.

if it challenges and stretches you and makes you think, that's a good thing, right?

but what if it makes you seriously question the very existence of the God of the Bible?

then what? do you forbid those you love from exploring and learning?

I know.... deep... and I really do covet your input as I try to help my dear friend as he is questioning everything he used to believe.

he has a Doctorate in Bible, for crying out loud.

so... whaddya suggest?

No comments: