Sunday, June 21, 2009

a Day for Dads

Mine was a childhood from a Norman Rockwell painting.

a great and loving mom and a wonderful smiling provider-dad and three siblings... I remember only good things, and they were plenty!

As an adult, I can look back and see things I didn't as a kid. I can see that mom and dad had the normal struggles all parents have... I can see that my mom struggled with depression... I can see that dad struggled to provide the way he wanted to for his 6 member family...

and I gain an even greater appreciation for my parents...

mostly because they kept all that adult stuff away from me and let me just be a kid.

And for that... probably above everything else, THAT... is why I love and appreciate my momma and daddy so much!

In these days of less-than-stellar economic times... in these days of such prevalent overt sinfulness.... in these days when dads are simply walking away from their families... and moms are too... it is vital that parents keep all that adult stuff away from their kids and allow them to just be kids...

thank you, daddy, for being such a good daddy. thank you for being such a good provider. thank you for showing me Christ. thank you for letting me be a kid.

Happy Fathers Day!

No comments: