Saturday, May 12, 2007

Honor your Mom

On the day after Christmas in 1995, my dad called me. He was sobbing. Between his sobs, he told me that mom had a walnut-sized tumor on her brain, just above her left ear. They were leaving the doctor's office and going home to pack. He said he was taking her to Springfield, Missouri to have further tests run.

Ten months later (almost to the day), I was staring at a casket suspended over an empty hole in the ground listening to our preacher say some nice things about momma. The thought, even today, makes tears come to my eyes.

Mom cheated. She went home early. I do not begrudge her that, but I still miss her every day.

Tomorrow we celebrate Mothers Day. It is a happy day. Flowers and gifts and eating out with three of the best moms in the world... my wife and her sister and their mom. I cherish every minute I have with these mommas; between them they are raising or have raised 8 children in His nurture and His admonition.

As you celebrate this day, remember to show the moms in your life that you love them. I know you love your mom with an intensity which is indescribable. So tell her... and show her... every day !

Happy Mothers Day, momma. I miss you here, but I can't wait to see you there!

Blessings...

No comments: