Thursday, December 11, 2008

the Center of His Will

My friend John Harkness sent this video to me... it has beautiful music and a powerful message...

I have believed for a long time that many 'religious folks' (at least from my fellowship) assign value to conservatism. The more 'to the right' one may be, the 'better off' they are... it's a pendulum effect that causes people to run far and fast from a certain behavior or belief they may perceive as 'liberal', and they end up further to the 'right' than ever!

It occurred to me several years ago that we are called to try to 'be' in the center of God's will. I even drew a horizontal line on a whiteboard and placed a short vertical line at it's center... "imagine the vertical line is God's will. Don't we want to be as close to that 'center' as possible?"

I further asserted (and still believe) that being 'this far' to the 'right' of God's will had no more merit than being 'this far' to the 'left'... but somehow we have convinced ourselves that it's fine (and even better and laudable and 'safe') to be conservative - right of the center - while it's bad (sinful and dangerous) to be 'liberal' - left of center...

I am convinced that neither is correct.

God wants us to try and live in the very center of His will... period...

so as you think about that...

watch this video.... it will make you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ufpVNgBBY

God Bless!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Cheek said...

that is where I want to be-e