Tuesday, December 16, 2008

seed scatterers

to sort of 'wrap up' the topic of 'the message'(as if my few words here are the quintessential end-all-beat-all on the subject - NOT!), how 'bout this: what are we called to be?

above all, I would say we are to be sowers! seed scatterers!

Aren't we to spread and scatter, and allow God to 'give the increase'?

So many times in my results-oriented world, I get so caught up in God's part.... at the expense of doing my own.

I gotta trust that God is gonna do His part... I gotta believe that deeply enough that I can do my scattering without wondering if He will do His 'increasing'.

so... go scatter!

My problem with our normal 'cart-before-the-horse' mentality is that when we START with all our differences, we rarely get an opportunity for relationship... and that's where growth and exchange and honest study happens!

we are ignorant when we believe we have all the answers (I learn new things and nuances every time I open the Bible)

we are arrogant when we think that, if not for me, God's Church will fail and everyone will go to hell (what about the Spirit's work today?)

and we are offensive to everyone (believers, non believers, atheists, muslims, baptists, lutherans, etc etc etc) when we act as if we have a corner on THE truth.

but I believe God is in control.... and He and His Spirit will make up for whatever deficiencies you or I possess in our approach.... so I have peace that whatever approach we use in our various walks and ministries, God will take care of it!

if we are prayerful and earnest and sincere with God, He will bless our efforts to His purpose...

So go sow!

No comments: