Friday, April 10, 2009

in God's hands now...

...tubes seemed to be the only thing connecting the old man to a glimmer of life, as the beeps and blips and machines hummed and chirped...

"it's in God's hands now"

...the finishing touches were just being put on the mammoth preparations for the annual Vacation Bible School....

"it's in God's hands now"

...the taillights disappear from view as the graduated senior heads off to college...

"it's in God's hands now"


how many thousands of times have people spoken those words?

to state the idea more accurately, we should say: "well, we've done all we can... now it's up to God to do the rest." isn't that what we are truly saying?

wow.

what an absolutely backward, faithless theology!

how ignorant am I to think that I have ANYTHING to do with God's plan completion.... yeah, He will use me if I'll let Him... and He WANTS to use me... but to say that "I've done all I can do, now God'll have to do the rest" assumes that He NEEDS me to complete His will.... it presupposes that, without me, His plan will fail.

how arrogant is that?

the small part of that thinking is our misunderstanding of how small we are.

I will continue to pray for the sick, hoping for healing.

I will not stop praying for success of our VBS.

and I pray daily (and won't stop) for my kiddos as they grow and go and leave me. and I will smile...

but God help me to stop thinking that it's God helping ME... help me understand more fully that HE's controlling HIS plan, and I am a teeny tiny piece of it....
when I get closer to that understanding, the ride is MUCH MORE FUN! and much less stressful!


Blessings!