Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Newsboys concert - WOW!

OK, you don't have to like their music (I am a new fan!) ... but you gotta love their ministry! The Newsboys have been touring for almost 23 years spreading His Gospel in song throughout the world....

While I admit that I am probably 15 years past truly appreciating the VOLUME with which they delivered their message (we were 8th row right in front of the stage, right beside the runway Peter uses during the show), I gotta say their show was SUPERB!

The three opening acts (NEWORLDSON, Article One and Rush of Fools) were spectacular, then the Newsboys ROCKED THE HOUSE for about 90 minutes!!! It was awesome!

And now I have about 3 new favorite songs! But by far my mostest favoritest of them all is "Your Love is Better Than Life"... I was the only one in the van on the ride home who was playing that song at top volume, so I had the headphones on... here are some of the lyrics:

I dunno nothing that I haven't been taught,
I dunno why I was born into the family I’ve got,
I dunno if I ever had an original thought,
maybe not, maybe so, maybe later, I dunno
I dunno how I can end a prayer, then turn on a friend,
I dunno what I was thinking when I just pressed send,
I dunno why I still criticize the things I dunno
I dunno, I dunno, I dunno, but this one thing I know
YOUR LOVE IS BETTER THAN LIFE
(Without your love, I’m just a broken machine)
YOUR LOVE IS BETTER THAN LIFE
(Without your love, it’s all a mindless routine)
YOUR LOVE IS BETTER THAN LIFE
(Without your love, I’m in another free fall)
YOUR LOVE IS BETTER THAN LIFE
(Without your love, I’ve got nothing at all)

a really energetic song... I am addicted to it!


God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do LOVEEEE this song!
ha :)

Kara said...

We just went to this same concert last night in Michigan! We had a blast!