Monday, March 10, 2008

...wait for it...

I love to laugh.

as years go by, there are phrases which bring back a memory or just a funny scene from a movie, and it makes me laugh... sometimes really hard.

"what in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin' on here?"

"those aren't pillows!!!"

"that's what she said"

...OK, you get the drift... anyhow, I have a new favorite (well, it's relatively new...):

"...wait for it..."

I don't even know where that one came from... but my youngest says it quite a bit in an effort to get her older sisters to laugh... usually with great success.

I was listening to XM radio a couple weeks ago (is that not one of the coolest inventions in the last decade??!!!!?!), and heard a new song from Mandisa (American Idol contestant a few years ago...), and immediately fell in love with it...

In this world of competing voices and loudness and crowding out and our inability to 'be still and know', I find the words to this song incredibly powerful. And when this girl sings this song, it is a clarion call to all believers. It reminds us to pay attention, to be still, to listen... and....

to 'wait for it'.

Have you ever heard a love song
That set your spirit free
Have you ever watched a sunrise
And felt you could not breathe
What if it's Him
What if it's God speaking
Who knows how He'll get a hold of us
Get our attention to prove He is enough
He'll do and He'll use whatever He wants to
To tell us I love you

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/mandisa/god_speaking.html

click on the link above and listen to this incredible song and watch this moving video.... I insist.

May God Bless us as we listen for Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing how God repeatedly puts things in front of us to commit to our hearts. We have been talking for the last week about God trying to get our attention, and it seems that every song I hear, every discussion that comes up points to that topic. There's more at work here...