Thursday, November 20, 2008

Walkin in Memphis

every time I'm in a big city (I guess Memphis qualifies), I am reminded of how deep the need is for Jesus.

I realize the need is equally deep in my own town... but it seems greater somehow when I am next to the homeless and the depraved and the deprived. or at least when they are more obvious...

Again, I know there are those in Mountain Home who need Him just as acutely... I guess I somehow insulate myself from them when I am on my home turf.

As most of this city still sleeps, I am reminded of Harold Shank's words from a sermon he preached a few years ago: "there are 100,000 souls in need of Jesus who live and work in the very shadow of our church building"...

maybe its the numbers that stagger me and give me pause...

anyhow, mark it up to the ramblings of someone who woke up too early this morning! but God is reminding me today that the fields are indeed 'white unto harvest'

God Bless!

No comments: