Wednesday, June 25, 2008

unforgettables

you know who they are... right now, if you gave it just a couple seconds time, you could think of somebody (or more likely somebodies) you will never forget.

I will never forget my wife. My best friend, my life companion... my soulmate; the very best part of me...the best cook ever (I mean look at me!). For almost 24 years, she has helped make me a much better person than I could have dreamed... the best momma ever, a prayer warrior, and as beautiful inside as out (and that's saying something!)... simply and exactly what I need everyday. Thank you God.

I will never forget my momma. She was the best momma a boy could ever have... sweet, loving, hospitable, caring, smiling... you know.... momma.

I will never forget my daddy... again, he is the best ever! Example, leader, teacher, provider... I learned how to laugh watching mom and dad...

I will never forget my mom-in-law... I know all the mother-in-law jokes (and have told a few hundred myself!) But June is the best... she loves her kiddos and her grandbabies fiercely! and they all know it 'cause she shows them daily...

I will never forget Libby Baker... she is maybe the best example of someone 'living Christ' that I will ever know.

Edna, my dad's wife... rarely is one man blessed with the perfect wife... my dad has been blessed with two. She is giving and kind and, most importantly to me, she has given daddy a new life.

My best friend Sandy. We may talk once a month and see each other 3 or 4 times a year, but he is an awesome friend... a true Believer and spiritual giant...

Oh, there's a bunch more.... but those come immediately to my mind.

The older I get, the more convinced I become that the 'richness' of a person's life can be measured by the number of 'unforgettable' people one knows... God places them in our path, sometimes unexpectedly, almost certainly undeservedly... but always with perfect timing... His.

So, how rich are you?

Take a moment today to think of those unforgettables in your life... then, if you are blessed enough to still 'have' them with you, call them or stop by and tell them that they are profoundly unforgettable.... If they have gone Home already, just think of them for a while... and let the smile creep onto your face...

and thank God for those who have left their indelible mark on your life...

Blessings!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Among others, I am thinking of you, and your beautiful wife. Thanks for the reminder to say thanks!

thanks!

joy

Tim said...

you are too kind, but the feeling is very much mutual...you know y'all are my heroes.. God Bless!