Monday, August 13, 2007

23 years with an angel

In some ways it seems like Kelly and I have been married 23 years... in some ways it seems like only yesterday that we said our vows... and in some ways it seems like it's been forever...(I mean that in a good way...) I know this: I can't remember a time when I was not madly in love with her.

She is an angel. The best wife and mom anyone could ever hope for... My daugthers are seeing lived before them the model of a Christian woman. She is a prayer warrior who loves her family with a ferocity not often seen in today's culture; if my three girls grow into even a shadow of what they have seen lived in front of them growing up, they will be prizes in their own right.

Last Friday night we celebrated the night when, 23 years ago, we promised to love and cherish each other forever no matter what.... and, over the past 23 years, there has been a lot of 'no matter whats', but she and I have kept our promise to God and each other. I'm sure it has not been easy at times (especially for her), but she is a committed and dedicated Christian woman whose faith is tenacious.

For my part, God has blessed me so much in so many ways during my lifetime. No blessing can measure up, however, to the one named Kelly.

I am forever grateful to God for that unbelievable stroke of blessing.

No comments: