Tuesday, August 21, 2007

hitting the ground running... a new shool year

Well, for the Martins the school year is off and running at a breakneck pace! Cassie is settling in to her new class... she is really excited to have Mrs. Dewey as her teacher... and so are we!

Cass came home yesterday around 3 and her mouth has not stopped (except to stuff some food in) since.... lots and lots of exciting information to share!

Cara is a big high school student now... and she is enjoying it! Her first Volleyball game is tonight, and we are all very excited about it! I think we will be kept pretty busy with her VBall schedule for the next couple months...

We have a little more room in our house... The girls are spreading out into the new space (formerly occupied by their college-attending sister) quite nicely, thank you... each has her own bedroom now, and are adjusting just fine!

It is an interesting time of transition for sure! The fact that I miss Cait like I do makes me feel a little guilty... like maybe I was way too invested in her activities at the expense of the other two...

Also, in the midst of our collective 'grief' over Caitlin's absence after leaving for York, we learned that a dear friend lost his 34-year-old son to a sudden heart attack yesterday morning... I cannot imagine such a loss. As we prayed for God to comfort him and his family, my selfishness was brought into clear focus... what have I got to be sad about?

Anyhow, God continues to bless us more richly than we could ever deserve... and we are so thankful for that!

Got a Bowflex today! I'll let you know how that goes...

Blessings!

No comments: