Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New Casting Crowns CD in stores today!

Just a quick note: the new Casting Crowns CD "Altar and the Door" is on sale today! If the first two pre-release cuts I heard are any indication, this will be as life-changing as the first two...

The title cut is an upbeat guitar-driven song which speaks about what happens to most of us as we leave the "altar" (worship assembly) and head for the "door" (out into the world)... the imagery is so dead on, it will convict you:

I cry like so many times before
but my eyes are dry
before I leave the floor
Oh Lord I try
but this time Jesus how can I be sure
I will not lose my follow through
between the altar and the door...
The first 'single' from the CD is "East to West", a beautiful and haunting ballad discussing the unfathomable forgiveness of God. The chorus begs:
Jesus, can you show me
just how far the east is from the west?
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
rising up in me again...
in the arms of your mercy I find rest
'cause you know just how far
the east is from the west -
'one scarred hand to the other'
As with the first two CDs ('Casting Crowns' and 'Lifesong') God is speaking through Mark Hall's pen, as he wrote and arranged every song!
The tour began a couple weeks ago, and stops in Little Rock's Alltel on October 12 and St Charles' (St. Louis area) family arena on October 26... if you have not attended a Casting Crowns event, I highly recommend it! It is, quite simply, the most moving and powerful ministry of music I have ever witnessed.
Gotta go! I'm on the way to the Christian Bookstore to get the new CD!
Blessings!

No comments: