Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 years ago

As we busied around on a normal September morning deciding who would deliver which child to their schools, I stopped to look at the Today Show on our bedroom TV.

The camera was showing an unfamiliar view of a very familiar vista: the New York City skyline... specifically the two towers of the World Trade Center...

Katie was saying that a small aircraft had crashed into one of the towers, and had set a couple floors of Tower 2 ablaze...

I couldn't look away.

So as I watched the live shot, a second airplane crashed into the other tower. I took Cara to Guy Berry Intermediate School and we listened to the radio reports describing the carnage...

After dropping her off, I headed to a school district south of Batesville to conduct a software training.... I called ahead and they assured me we were 'still on' for the in service session...

that whole day was very surreal.... I remember it now as if it were this morning. Gas stations jacked up their prices, the roadways over our dams were closed... and mommas (including the momma of my girls) went and got their kids out of school and took them home... and hugged them hard.

I hope you will take a moment today to remember those affected by this brutal and evil attack. And to thank God for His sovereignty and protection...

There's lots more I could write, but that's all for now.

Hug your kiddos today!

blessings

No comments: