Monday, September 8, 2008

back in the groove

I do love the summertime... and I love the time when the days start to get just a little cooler and shorter...

for us at Riverside, autumn signals the restarting of our life groups... last night, about 180 souls met in 8 locations as our small group ministry ended its preplanned summer hiatus. From all accounts, it was a glorious night!

The Hudsons, Helmkes, Gists and Blasdels are stepping up to help with the teen life group this season while the Smiths and Plumlees are hosting the noon life group at the building... R.C. is making sure the building is open at our traditional 6 pm time slot for those who wish to join the group which meets there...

The Byrds, Walkers, Morgans, Isbells and Martins (that's us) round out the list of tireless life group leaders who have volunteered to head up this vibrant part of our Kingdom life at Riverside...

the more informal and intimate setting of these small groups is a huge key to their success, and I am deeply grateful to all those who volunteer their time and open their homes to make this so terrific!

As R.C. said to me a few minutes ago, summertime is a great time, but it is very refreshing to 'get back in the groove' with our life groups...

I couldn't agree more!

God Bless us as we allow God to expand His borders through our small group effort!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I am glad that things are groovin' for small groups. this is one of the hardest things to miss for me! have a great Fall, and we will join you in November!

So you can be just a bit envious of me, since I am of you, I spent the weekend in Santa Marta! it was....wonderful! will share more in a blog this week.

Tim said...

joy - thanks for sharing! I really stressed over our small groups this fall... what would we study, who would be the leaders, etc... finally, Kelly encouraged me to just 'start the ball rollin' and let God take care of it.

My imagination and creativity are so bankrupt when placed beside the awesomeness of His...

and, as you would faithfully expect, He showed up and took over... just as soon as I got out of the way...

thanks for all your kind words!

and I CANNOT WAIT for our Santa Marta trip... things are progressing nicely, and Larry Brady is coming to speak to Riverside in Oct or Nov...

Blessings