Friday, September 26, 2008

like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour

Is it ok if I hate the devil? OK, well I do... I really do.

I am watching the prince of darkness (that name sounds too grand for such a piece of crap!) tear a family apart right now. It makes my stomach hurt... a young couple with two precious young daughters is being ripped by this low life teller of lies.

I covet your prayers. I am begging you to lift up this precious family to God in prayer... right now, please ask God to protect them and defeat the devil.

They don't have God in their lives.... from what I can observe.

And they are hurt, confused, devastated by each others' actions... but most of all they are under attack from a villain whom they cannot see.

I hate him

I really really do

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tim - what is your relation to Terry Rush. I am just wondering - Jim Cooke here in Midland, TX - a fairly avid reader of terryrush blogspot

cookebulldogs@aol.com

Tim said...

Jim - I have been wanting to ask you the same question! :-)

Terry and I go back a dozen years or so.... I sing in an a cappella group called 'First Day' and we were blessed to get to sing on a Wednesday evening a few years ago at the 'feed the 5000' deal (or something like that) at Memorial Drive on the eve of the Workshop...

I had known of Terry (mainly through the workshop), and we became friends that night! He is a big First Day fan, and I am a big Memorial/Workshop/TR fan...

We email and call a few times a month, and he is a constant source of encouragement to me...

I help direct our small group ministry at a little church plant here, and his material ('Holy Spirit' and 'Natural Evangelism') have served as terrific discussion and guidance for our groups...

I will email you this as well, in case you don't check back here....

Thank you for writing!

God Bless!

tm