Saturday, September 13, 2008

baxter county fair 08

There are several wonderful things about living in one of the most beautiful small towns in the middle of the country.

in the summer it's our lakes and rivers...

in the winter it's the snow and, otherwise, relatively mild weather...

in the spring it's all the vibrant colors... my favorites are the lily white Bradford Pear trees and the brilliant red-pink redbuds...

but in the fall it's the Baxter County Fair!

the days are still pretty warm and the nights are 'fair-perfect'... cool and breezy and ideal for riding the rides and walking the midway...

today is the last day of the fair for this year... and it's been another terrific Baxter County Fair...

a lot of really good people work very very hard to make this true slice of Americana happen in our little town...

It's my 44th year to be the beneficiary of the hard work of those good people... and I want to say thank you!

and God Bless!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Are you sure it is just 44 years? ;)
Can you eat some cotton candy for me?

Tim said...

yeah, I don't think I attended til I was 2 ;-)

tm