Friday, August 29, 2008

home

I've written a lot about home in this space over the past couple years.

The word, kinda like my life, continues to be defined along the way... home is our little place in Mountain Home, Arkansas. But, as I have said numerous times, ours is a temporary one. Home is our little faith group called Riverside... home is anywhere Kelly and my girls are... (I particularly like the 'home' we have each year on the beach... an the one on the banks of Salado Creek at Tahkodah)...

Well, a close friend gave me yet another meaning for home a couple days ago...

Our Caitlin transferred from York to Harding this fall, and we are thrilled! I have told many of you that she was 'born and bred' to attend Harding (meaning, only, that she has been to every HU event in the past dozen years... Spring Sing, Camp Tahkodah, Homecoming, Bball camps, etc)... well, she is absolutely elated to be attending Harding... for lots of really good reasons. Kelly and I are not sure we will see her much more (she has already called - OK, texted - dozens of times to tell us how well things are going and how this event and that outing will keep her from coming home for a couple more weekends...)

anyhow, back to my friend Wes... I was pulling in to the MHHS gym to watch Cara's volleyball game two nights ago - yes, she had a GREAT game, 6 kills, 3 service aces and a host of blocks at the net - see the photo gallery at www.baxterbulletin.com (OK, sorry for the tangent!) - so I'm pulling in and Wes motions for me to roll down my window and asks how Caitlin is doing at Harding...

I start into my answer and Wes sort of interrupted me and asked a one word question:

"home?"

and I simply nodded...

yeah

home.

Blessings!

No comments: