Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the same kind of different as me

yep, a new book... another one of those buy-on-friday-and-finish-by-Sunday deals... and another faith-shaping book placed in my path just at the perfect time for God to continue His work on me.

'same kind of different' is the true story of two men from very different backgrounds who are inexorably drawn together by God (through Ron's wife) into an incredible journey and unlikely friendship...

I got this one last Thursday on the way out of town and started reading it on the plane to Cincinnati... then finished it somewhere over West Tennessee on the flight back... it was gripping and fantastic!

I loved Claiborne's 'Irresistible Revolution', and I really was captured by 'the Shack' by Young... but this book did more to reinforce my resolve toward truly becoming a servant than either of the other two!

You gotta read this! If you ever wonder what truly modeling Jesus in today's modern world looks like... if you've ever felt like you're 'servanthood' is only skin deep... if you ever struggled with how to really effect lasting life change in yourself and those around you, this true story will hit you right in your heart...

This is a book I will buy a dozen copies of to hand out to folks... it's that kind of book...

If you get a chance, buy it! CBO has it in stock, and you can order it online from any of the booksellers like Amazon...

God Bless!

No comments: