Sunday, November 18, 2007

bringing good news to prisoners

I don't know what it's like to not be free. I was born into a free family within a free society in a free country, and I have never known anything else... I have traveled to many places where freedom has a different definition, and I have been inside maximum security penitentiaries and minimum security jailhouses... but I have never had my God-born freedom taken from me.

This afternoon a few of us will begin what I hope will be a very long-lasting and meaningful ministry in our local jail. We hope to touch some lives and help a few people understand what Jesus did for them; I pray we can show each of these men that God's love is unconditional, and that He loves us all no matter what we do.

Mainly I want them to know that someone cares enough about them to spend a little time with them talking and listening. I know God will bless our time with these precious souls, and I hope we can say and do the right things to convey His love...

Please pray for the hearts of these men and for the hearts of those who are going to spend an hour with them today.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Rambling Psychoses said...

Congrats on taking that step, bro! It's a VERY rewarding ministry.

God bless you.

---Jeff Henig

Jeff Kreh said...

Indeed. Let me know if there is ever anything I can offer in the way of insight into what has proven to be a wonderful and, to quote "rambling", VERY rewarding ministry.

cp