Tuesday, November 13, 2007

today's a special day

My lovely wife celebrates her birthday today! She will not be happy that I mentioned it here, but, oh well...

I could type from now til the end of time and not adequately describe what a blessing she is to everyone around her. To say that God has blessed me (which I do often) with her presence in my world would indeed be a vast understatement. The best mom and wife and prayer warrior and servant I have ever known... I am happy to share my life with her.

And as I consider another milestone, it occurs to me that time just keeps marching... and since I like routine and order, that usually does not sit well with me. I do look forward to what God has in store for me every day, and I am learning (very slowly) to embrace whatever new challenges He presents to me...

But, on balance, I am pretty OK with the now... the problem with people like me is we get so thoroughly addicted to the now that when it becomes the then, it freaks us out a little... or a lot...

So I pray that God will help me to continue to learn to live in the now and not dwell on the past... but that He will prepare and prune me to be ready for every next challenge, and be watchful for every opportunity to show Him to others...

I know this: I am much better equipped to face whatever comes with my wonderful wife by my side... and that makes me smile.... a lot.

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart.

No comments: