Thursday, November 15, 2007

it goes by very very fast

So tonight my youngest daughter has her fourth grade program... and it makes me remember our very first fourth grade program, 9 years ago this month.

Caitlin was our first child, and her fourth grade program was precious! I have no doubt that Cassie's will be equally wonderful... there are some differences, however....

I think back 9 years, and I recall that we were very nervous... we all got there before the doors opened, packing all manner of photographic and videographic devices: Camcorders, digital cameras, tape recorders, our old 35 mm camera (as a backup) and tripods for each... we tried to sit down front and fought to get the best seat... we were angered by the guy who walked in front of our gear during the show... we were just a bit uptight...

Tonight, we will eat dinner and mosey over to Dunbar Auditorium a few minutes before showtime... I plan to carry no photographic or videographic devices... I will buy the DVD from the school...

my, how times change... or is it the people (me) who do the changing?

oh, well, I can't wait to see her program tonight... (I am just as excited about this one as I was about the one 9 years ago... just in a calmer way)

I just keep thinking... man, time marches on.... and it sure goes by fast!

Blessings!

No comments: